Readers of this blog should be interested in the following announcement:
The American Academy of Pediatrics Practice Excellence (APEX) is hosting a four part webinar series focused on Alternative Payment Models. This webinar series will be focused on payment transformation in the medical home. The following topics will be presented:
1. An Overview of Alternative Payment Models
2. Contracting with Provider ACOs, Integrated Delivery Systems and IPAs
3. Value Based Contracting with payers
4. How to prepare your practice for implementing Alternative Payment Models
Alternative Payment Models
Sponsored by the American Academy of Pediatrics’ Practice Excellence Program. This FREE webinar will update participant’s on the current types of alternative physician payment methodologies in place and the issues they present to pediatricians in primary and specialty care. Pediatricians and their staff will:
* Understand how the new payment methodologies can contribute to or affect their revenue stream
* Assess the impact to practice operations
* Identify ways to protect your bottom line
Changes in payment have accelerated with the passage of the ACA in 2010. As part of the ACA, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Innovation Center was established to develop and test payment and service delivery models, focused on moving from volume based payment (such as fee for service) to value-based payment. The number of Alternative Payment Methodologies (APM) have grown rapidly as public and private payers implemented new payment models. Learn about APMs and what they mean to you and your practice. This 60-minute webinar will review:
* Alternative Payment Models presently being implemented
* How APMs will impact pediatricians
* What you need to do to prepare for APM in your practice (for all three of these, do they duplicate or contradict the 3 learning objectives noted previously).
Join us on May 1, 2015 at 11:00 am CST. To register for this FREE webinar click on Alternative Payments Webinar Series. Thank you and we look forward to your participation.