I didn’t think I’d have time this morning, but here’s what I can do in 15 minutes:
- Bright Futures 3 was released yesterday, officially. I will get the press release when I remember to track it down. This isn’t Bright Futures of old, this is the new gold standard for preventive care.
- In a related matter, we have an unofficial, informal agreement with our first EHR beta-tester. Whoo hoo. IIRC, we’ll be installing right after the winter holidays. Sure, plenty of people have played with the program from our design site, but this will be real. Cool.
- Dinner last night with 30 customers and friends was a great time, though too much like a wedding where you can’t possibly spend time with everyone you want. I did hear from a number of folks that the speech by James Heckman about the economic impact of early development (vs. later intervention) for children. I regret not seeing it – if anyone knows where to get a transcript, please let me know!
- I also regret not being able to attend Drs. Lessin’s and Harbaugh’s discussion about growing a practice. If only to heckle them 🙂 I cornered poor Dr. Zarin about it later and then Dr. Lessin appeared to pitch in. It sounds like it, too, was an excellent talk.
- I also heard some pleased amazement that Dr. Berkelhamer’s address mentioned SOAPM directly. Also cool.
- Ran into Dr. Ginny Marcus who was instrumental in the success of the recent Imms Registry meeting we helped with at the AAP recently. I thank [fill-in-your-deity] for active AAP folks like her.
Whoops, gotta’ run to the convention center! See you there!